The beloved Williams Nursery on Springfield Avenue is celebrating its annual Spring re-opening with a stunning Facebook showcase of seven new flower arrivals they say will kick-start any local garden.
- Anemone are short lived but can tolerate 26f and the flowers are show stoppers.
- Pansies can be planted right now and we have tons of different varieties.
- Ranunculus can take cold nights. Their large flowers remind me of the ones my grandmother made out of tissue paper.
- Erysimum commonly known as wall flowers bloom for a long time and take the cool temps of early Spring.
- The dark blotch of the pansy has been called a face. Can you see how it’s smiling?
- Sunscape daisies can take down to 29f. They bloom for a very long time.
- Nemesis blood orange loves the cool weather. A great plant to put in early containers.
Opened in 1920, Williams Nursey has more than 20,000 followers on Facebook.
Photo courtesy Williams Nursery and feralflower.com